Saturday, May 26, 2007

Huge Tournament Overlays at Carbon Poker

I was rummaging around today and came across a posting made by shane@ carbon poker who was talking about the overlays they have.

A comment from him was

Overlay + loose play = EASY MONEY!!!!
Tuesday, May 8, 2007


Firstly lets just go over the maths....

With 252 players this week, for your $60 investment in our Sunday $20,000 Guaranteed you got a starting EV of $80.

To put it another way, your playing for a pool of prize money of an extra 80 players, without actually having to play against them.

Now thats good value!
I can not disagree with this what so ever. When I play tournaments I don't play the fields of 500+ players for the simple fact it does not make for a good financial investment. I literally search for tournament overlays and than decide where I play. The simple fact is out of 500 people registered how many times can you say you will finish enough to make it worth it? 1 maybe if you are lucky. So why play these when you have other poker rooms who are offering up some of the best overlays.

Carbon Poker has huge overlays and anyone who already plays there knows this and takes advantage of it, so does Cake Poker and Titan. If I play a huge field I can guarantee I am going to bubble and there is nothing worse than that.

These overlays for example at Titan they have an evening $1000 GP for a buyin of $20. I have placed in the top 5 4 times , a 2nd place finish twice and a first place finish twice. At $300 give or take a little for first place finish I am more than up. The reason I also told you I play the evening game is because it is the best overlay there. They do have the same game offered up earlier in the day however evenings are prime for anyone who does not live in Europe and can play at Titan. Player base is very low so this tournament for example usually only has 80+ people.

Carbon runs $3000 Gp's everyday and again the volume of registered players is so low that it's just incredible. I don't know if people just don't want to front that kind of money or what it is but it makes the game so much more valuable. Today's 20K Guaranteed only had 252 players in it and first place paid out over $5000. That's 5 G's for a $60 buyin. Tell me anotehr site that you will find that kind of ratio. It's just sic how much money these games hand over with the lack of players registered.

I think people overlook this aspect when playing online and how beneficial it is to your bankroll. I mean seriously I am an average player. I know the basics I know how to play position and what not and I use these which helps me win, not always but often enough to be able to say I am not in the red.

So if you are a tournament player like I am and have not found the benefit of overlays, take a look around they are everywhere you just need to watch the site and times that the player volume decreases and I guarantee you it will be a much better investment than playing a $3 x 600 people tournament.

If you would like to check out Carbon Poker I have included the Carbon Poker Bonus for you to get 14 days worth of $500 freerolls plus up to a $200 Bonus and free tournament tickets. Use bonus code "PDCMAy200" and have fun cashing more in an overlay than any other game!


Poker.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I found alot better overlays at Raider Poker I made an article about it here: http://gooderbetting.com/index.php/2008/07/22/poker-tournament-overlays/